Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Will's Big boy room

Will moved into his big boy room this week. I've been slowly working on it for the past 2 months or so. I wanted to move him into his new bed and space with plenty of time before the baby comes. I don't want him to feel like he got kicked out of his crib and someone else immediately was in there. We've had lots of fun decorating his room. He loves balls and sports, so we went with that theme.

Here's the before picture of the room--blue walls with strange blue border (let's just say it included possums and hippos in bathing suits....)

Here's the after---a great boy room! We went with khaki walls and a fun horizontal red stripe on 2 walls that lead down into the dormer area.
Fun sports bedding, but not overdoing it. We had some great baseball and golf prints of Jay's that we used in there and a fun sports lamp he got for Christmas.
His table and chairs and reading nook. He also really likes the hooks on the wall where he hangs his keys, watch, and bag.
He's been playing in there for weeks now, but we just started him sleeping in there a few nights ago. He has done great!! He hasn't gotten up at all at night. He thinks it's really fun to sleep on his pillow. He has asked about sleeping in his crib a few times, but I just tell him that he's a big boy and big boys sleep in beds. He says "alright" and moves on with it. I can't believe he's already this big though. And now to get the nursery ready for baby #3....
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Great job on the room. However, I so with you had taken a closeup of that wallpaper. Hippos and Possums in bathing suits sound priceless!