I'm 38 weeks with these sweet babies. I honestly did not think that I would make it this far with a twin pregnancy. I am thankful for healthy full term babies and I'm ready to meet them.
Tomorrow morning I'll go in for an induction (unless they surprise us and come tonight!!). I've never been induced before so I am a little bit nervous about it. Even though I'm 38 weeks part of me is nervous that we're rushing them out. I want to make sure they are ready to be here.
What I have been more nervous about during this pregnancy though is that I would go into labor and progress too quickly, like I did with Anna. It would be really helpful to have an epidural before I deliver twins and to not create total chaos if I get to the hospital and am about to deliver. By being induced, I can get the antibiotics for Group B strep, get an epidural, and have all the setup ready since I have to deliver in the operating room (in case of emergency c-section). So as uncomfortable as I have been for the past few weeks, I think that waiting this long has been God's plan to ensure that I'm at the hospital with plenty of prep time.
Here's my 38 week photo by Catherine. I know that one day I will look back and be amazed at the size of my tummy. It really is pretty crazy that a body can stretch that much to accommodate two babies.
And sweet little Anna had her princess camera out to take a picture too. At least it tells me I'm beautiful when she pushes the button!
So we're enjoying the last few hours as a family of 5 before we become a family of 7. That sounds crazy! As ready as I am physically to have these babies, I still find it hard to believe that we'll have 2 little ones to bring home. But I think we're as ready as we'll ever be. Let the fun begin!!


1 comment:
We're praying for ALL of the Hattens!
May the delivery be smooth...
and the rejoicing loud.
Gregg and Jeanne Terry
Post a Comment