Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Mourning and Rejoicing

Our family is really practicing the verse in the Bible that tells us to rejoice with those who rejoice and mourn with those who mourn.

 In God's timing and wisdom, my sister Kelly is delivering their daughter Mia today and saying goodbye to her here on this earth.  At the same time, I'm sitting here waiting to deliver twins.

 My heart breaks for Kelly. I hate that she has to face this and has had to make extremely difficult decisions about her health and Mia's health.  I hate that she won't be bringing home her little baby girl. Kelly is excited for us to have our babies. She's thrilled to be expecting a new niece and nephew.

 It just seems like such a strange comparison for all of it to be happening at the same time. But we trust God's timing. None of this was a surprise to Him. And we'll keep praying for peace, wisdom, and comfort for Kelly and the rest of our family as we go through the rest of today and in the weeks, months, and years to come. We appreciate all of you who have been praying for Mia. We rejoice that today her little body will be made whole and complete as Jesus welcomes her with open arms.


Here's my 35 week photos. Catherine took the first one and Will took the second one. The babies are still hanging out and growing in there. In my ultrasound yesterday, they estimate that James weighs 5 lbs 7 oz and Elizabeth weighs 5lbs 13oz. Yep, that's over 11 lbs of baby in there. We're thinking they'll be here in the next 7-10 days. 





Here are a few pics of the nursery. It still seems surreal that there are two cribs in there. This whole thing may not seem real until I actually hold two babies.  Until then, I'll keep waiting and waddling and resting.




2 comments:

Jones Family said...

Beautiful post on many accounts. I know it's painful to walk thru this with your sister, but it's beautiful the way you are trusting in God's sovereignty with it all. And you look beautiful and the nursery looks beautiful!

brookebrownell said...

nice work! i officially have no crib up, no diapers ready, no clothes out. nothing. hmmm. in denial anyone? i love your big tummy- you still look cute!