Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Our Babies at 13 weeks


I went today for a checkup on the babies. Thankfully both babies looked great and are growing well. Baby A's heart rate was in the 160's and Baby B's heart rate was in the 150's. Here are a few pics of our little pair:

Baby A:


Picture of the top of both of their heads:


Baby B:

I am gradually starting to feel a little better. The nausea is not gone, but it doesn't start until a little later in the day and isn't quite as severe. I'll keep taking my medicine until it subsides (hopefully in the next few weeks). I have started to feel the babies wiggling around in there some, especially at night and that's really fun.

We are getting more used to the idea of having twins. I alternate between feeling very excited and very scared. We've had babies and feel somewhat confident about doing the newborn baby thing, but at the same time, we've had babies and we know how much work 1 newborn is, much less two. At times I feel worried about the pregnancy or delivery or the logistics of caring for 5 small children at once.

Something I read in my devotional the other week has really stuck with me though. It said that if you feel fearful about the future, it means I'm trying to picture the future without God in it. I'm trying to think of how I would do it all myself. I'm forgetting that He will be with me and He will give me grace, strength, and power. I have to keep reminding myself of that. And my prayer is that my heart will be like Mary's, who at very unexpected news of a baby replied "I am the Lord's servant. May it be to me as you have said."

We are so thankful for the blessing of both of these babies and can't wait to meet them and add them to our family.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

With God's strength and GRACE you can do it!! you are a wonderful mom!

Rachel said...

Oh and I love the pictures, precious babies!

brookebrownell said...

I am so jealous of those cute sonogram pics. You know what I realized yesterday? If we get the Russian children, I'll have 4 kids, 2 and under... wow. I think MRPC is going to have to start a ministry to rotate between our two houses. I'm thinking a bathroom cleaning ministry.