Anna turned 6 months old yesterday! Wow, I can't believe it's been 1/2 a year. She's getting to my favorite baby stage of 6-12 months, when they're still a baby and snuggly but things are a little more normal than with a newborn. She's so much fun. (This is the stage when I always think that I want to have lots more babies!)
In celebration of her 6 month birthday, she got her first tooth today! Just a little sharp point on her bottom gum, but it's definitely through the skin. She also has been loving her baby food. She usually eats oatmeal with fruit (banana, apple, or pear) in the morning and rice cereal with vegetables (carrot, sweet potatoes, or squash) for dinner. Her favorite part is holding the spoon to try and feed herself, so I have to keep her arms strapped underneath the top of the high chair. Today she figured out that if she "talks" to me while eating, it blows baby food all over the high chair. She thought that was very entertaining!
(This was before we started keeping her arms under the tray)
Anna is the first of our children to not love a pacifier. She much prefers these 2 fingers and that how she is almost all day and night. It's very much a Hatten trait; both Jay and Melissa have pictures like this when they're little.
No comments:
Post a Comment