I've been really behind with posting things lately. That's what happens during the first trimester, I guess. Exhaustion and nausea take over and anything that isn't essential doesn't get done. I'm a little over 12 weeks now and hopefully the nausea will be finished soon. It is better during the days, just not so good at night. One day/night at a time....
Anyways, after being in our family for a solid 35+ years, we sold our couch. I know. It's hard to believe. I bought another couch from a friend and worked on cleaning and repairing it, added new pillows, etc. We couldn't really justify buying a brand new couch when we have 5 small children and a dog who will likely spill something, draw something, or ruin something on it.
We also sold the laz-boy recliner that had a lovely hole in the seat cushion and purchased two leather chairs for the living room. (Ever heard of Joss & Main? I got an amazing deal on chairs on that website. Check it out!)
Even though I have wanted something different for a while, I still felt really sentimental about letting them go. It made me a little sad to watch them drive away in the back of someone's truck. But it should tell me something about our decorating style when both items were bought by people purchasing them for their elderly parents in nursing homes :) It was time for a change! I'll take a pic soon of the new couch and chairs.
These two cutie pies are already 16 months old. They are just hilarious. James is walking and running all over the place. Elizabeth will do a few steps at a time and is gaining confidence. They are just so funny to watch together. They have also started showing how they like to take care of each other. James will go get Elizabeth's lovie and give it to her. And yesterday James was crying and Elizabeth went over and hugged him and patted him on the back. She accidentally knocked him down in the process, but she was trying to comfort him! They will say a few words, make lots of babbling sounds, and love to read books. They like to get cereal out of the cabinet, dump it on the kitchen floor, and enjoy a snack together. They really like taking baths and love their toothbrushes. They actually slept with their toothbrushes one night this week. It's a blast watching them grow and learn every day.
We had lots of fun getting dressed up for Halloween. Our neighborhood does not have many little kids and no one goes trick or treating so we always go to a friend's house for Halloween. Before we headed out this year though, the kids had a small "parade" with our neighbors, meaning they walked through the cul-de-sac acting silly!
We then headed over to our friend's to eat pizza before trick-or-treating. These are the kids from just our two families. We are quite the group walking down the street and knocking on doors!
This year the babies were super cute giraffes.
Will was Willie, from Duck Dynasty
Anna was Sofia the First (princess)
Catherine was a chef and carried a mixing bowl to collect her halloween candy
We have eaten way too much Halloween candy the past few days! We had a great October and are enjoying the fall weather, leaves, and looking forward to Thanksgiving.


No comments:
Post a Comment