Happy Father's Day!
I just want to publicly say how much I admire Jay. He is such a fantastic dad for Catherine and Will. I am constantly amazed at his leadership for our family and his willingness to serve both them and me on a daily basis. God has been so good to me by giving me Jay as a husband. And I know Catherine and Will feel the same way about their daddy. Catherine's favorite part of the day, I'm pretty sure, is when Jay gets home. She wants to wait outside as soon as he calls to say he's on his way. And then as soon as she sees his car, she runs to him, yelling "Daddy, Daddy" the whole way. Who would want a better welcome home? And although Will can't verbalize it yet, I can see it in his eyes. If Jay is in the room, he always watches him. He'll get this big smile behind his pacifier and just look at Jay like "Finally...my dad...a guy!" Watching Jay with our children has been one of my favorite parts of marriage. So Happy Father's Day, Jay! I love you.
(And Happy Father's Day to Papa and Poppop too!)
I just want to publicly say how much I admire Jay. He is such a fantastic dad for Catherine and Will. I am constantly amazed at his leadership for our family and his willingness to serve both them and me on a daily basis. God has been so good to me by giving me Jay as a husband. And I know Catherine and Will feel the same way about their daddy. Catherine's favorite part of the day, I'm pretty sure, is when Jay gets home. She wants to wait outside as soon as he calls to say he's on his way. And then as soon as she sees his car, she runs to him, yelling "Daddy, Daddy" the whole way. Who would want a better welcome home? And although Will can't verbalize it yet, I can see it in his eyes. If Jay is in the room, he always watches him. He'll get this big smile behind his pacifier and just look at Jay like "Finally...my dad...a guy!" Watching Jay with our children has been one of my favorite parts of marriage. So Happy Father's Day, Jay! I love you.
(And Happy Father's Day to Papa and Poppop too!)



No comments:
Post a Comment