- Will had his first run-in with the police the other week. We were downstairs in the bonus room playing and heard a knock at the door. Jay went upstairs to find a policeman. Apparently, Will called 911. He had gotten the phone off the hook a few minutes earlier and in his random number dialing, called the police.
- The other night I got them out of the bath tub. Jay was out of town, so I was doing my best to get everyone dried off and ready for bed quickly. This is when they think it's best to be super silly. So Will kept running around naked and Catherine kept saying "Will, don't go pee-pee." He then ran back into the bathroom and promptly peed all over the floor. We all actually thought that was funny. So I told them to stand still while I got a towel to clean up. Before I could do that though, Will ran right through the pee, slipped and fell in the middle of it. Now they're both crying and he's completely covered in pee. But I still thought it was funny!
- I love how Catherine phrases things or still gets a few words messed up. For example, she likes to put Vasoline on her lips, but she calls is "gasoline". She informed the other day that Daddy is tall and Mommy is low (I'm assuming she means short). And her new thing to tell us about every morning is what she dreamed the night before. It's usually about mommy or daddy or heaven.
- Will is doing much better with his speech. He's working on putting 2 and 3 words together at a time. His favorite 3 word phrase is "I don't know." It's really cute when he says it. We are having him seen by an ENT in November to have his hearing checked and make sure there are no physical abnormalities in the back of his throat or mouth that would be causing his speech to be slower than expected. I expect that it will be fine, but we just want to be sure.
- Catherine LOVES her dance lessons each week. She is so excited to show us what she has learned--plies, first position, her stretches, etc. It's definitely one of the highlights of her week. Jay took Tuesday afternoon off work this week to take her dance lessons and she was so thrilled about Daddy going with her. It was precious.
- Catherine and Will are both very excited about the baby in mommy's tummy. Will often wants to pray for the baby at night and loves to give it kisses and blow raspberries on my tummy. Catherine is fascinated by the whole process and she has babies in her tummy almost every day. She pretends that she's having baby showers, going to the doctor, picks out names, etc. It's so encouraging to see them excited about God growing our family. We'll be 16 weeks this weekend and are thrilled for this new little one.
- Jay and I are headed out of town this weekend for our fall weekend away. Mimi and PopPop will be here with the kids. I love having some time with just my husband. He's my favorite person in the world!
I'll post more (including pictures) soon. Happy Fall!
No comments:
Post a Comment