Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall Weekend Away

Jay and I went on our fall weekend trip to Chattanooga, TN this past weekend. We try to go somewhere each spring and fall, just to take a few days for the two of us to enjoy going on dates and relaxing. As much as we love our children, it's great to occasionally have a little break and remember what it's like to just be the two of us. We don't want to look at each other after they all move out one day and think "who are you?" I really appreciate that Jay puts this effort and energy into our marriage. I'm a lucky girl!

We stayed at the Stone Fort Inn in downtown Chattanooga. It's a small hotel (only 15 rooms) with lots of historic charm and antique details and furniture. And they have a wonderful buffet breakfast! We really enjoyed it.


It was exciting to just have the time to decide what we wanted to do, without having to rush home for a babysitter. On Friday night, we went to a Thai restaurant (one of our favorites) and to the movies. On Saturday morning, we walked around downtown, browsed a few bookstores, took a walk over the big blue bridge. We took naps, read books, and watched football that afternoon. We ate a great steak dinner at a restaurant called Hennen's on Saturday night and then went for a carriage ride (in the freezing windy 35 degree weather, but it was fun!). We had to head back to G'ville on Sunday morning so that Steve and Marcy could get on the road to go back to WV.
Here's the 16 week baby bump. (I think I have as much of a butt bump as I do a baby bump.)
Catherine and Will had lots of fun while we were gone. Mimi and PopPop took them to get Halloween costumes, carve pumpkins, make cupcakes, go out to eat at their favorite restuarants, have slumber parties....I don't think they missed us at all! They were asking to go to bed by 6pm last night though, so they must have been worn out. We are very thankful that our kids have grandparents (on both sides) who love to spend time with them.

It's great to go away, but it's always great to come home.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love it that y'all do that. so glad you had a great time! and you look great. i'm with you though... i avoid taking those pictures when pregnant because all i can see is my butt bump. just didn't have that term until now. thanks to you!