We're getting closer and closer to time for baby #3 to arrive. I have finished putting the nursery back together for an infant--raised the crib mattress, pulled out newborn onesies, washed blankets and burp cloths, etc. It really has been nice having so many gender neutral things to use for each baby. There really has been very little to get to be ready for the new baby. So your nursery is ready, little one. Feel free to come whenever you want!
People ask me almost daily how I'm feeling. Some days are better than others, but the truth is that I'm tired, sore, uncomfortable, and feel enormous. Some days I can overlook most of these things. Some days I focus on them too much. Yesterday was one of those days. I didn't feel very well and decided at times to have a little pity party for myself. Oh, how deep are my idols of comfort, pride, and selfishness and how quickly Satan can bring them to the surface.
But God is gracious, compassionate, slow to anger, and abounding in love with me. He gently reminded me to "fix my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of my faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross"---my level of discomfort is nothing compared to what Jesus endured on the cross. So focus on that Betsy, just focus on that. It's hard to complain when you're thinking of your King who was crucified for you.
And remember, Betsy, it is such a blessing to have these children. They are gifts from God. There are many people in the world who would love to have a 4 yr old, 2 yr old, and be pregnant. Count your blessings, Betsy, count your blessings.
I'm convinced that these are some of the reasons God has called me to go through pregnancies and be a mother. He uses it to reveal my sinfulness, my selfishness, my idols. He uses it for my good and His glory. He reminds me to consider it joy to face many trials so that I can develop perseverance and may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
So how am I feeling? Humbled, really. And in love with my King who counts me worthy of his grace and mercy.

1 comment:
Thanks for this good reminder, friend. Since Sunday's sermon I've been contemplating the idols lurking in my own heart. Certainly not a pretty thing. I loved Pastor Scotty's line: "You are not as free as God wants you to be." I have these idols, but I also have hope because God WILL free me from them as I pursue Him.
Post a Comment