Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mother's Day Tea

Catherine's preschool class invited the moms to a Mother's Day Tea today. She has been so excited for the last week or two about our special "tea" together. They sang a couple of cute songs for us and made us special gifts--a card where they drew pictures of things they see in the spring (Catherine's had trees, flowers, a bush, and a ladybug) and they made us a "handbag" with their handprint on it. Inside the handbag is a cd with pictures and videos of them from this year at school. So precious!



They also had interviewed each child with questions about his/her mom and read their responses. It was pretty funny to hear what 4 yr olds come up with. Here are some of Catherine's answers:

My mom's favorite color is: blue
My mom's eyes are: blue
My mom is: 30 years old
My mom is: 4 ft tall
My mom weighs: 20 lbs
My mom makes the best: chicken pot pie
My mom's favorite food is: carrots
My mom gets upset when I: take toys out of Will's hands
If my mom could go anywhere, it would be: the gym
My mom loves to: snuggle with me.
My favorite thing to do with my mom is: give her hugs and kisses

She got some of them very accurate (my favorite color, eye color, age). She must think I'm super healthy if my favorite things are carrots and going to they gym. I'm pretty sure those wouldn't be my answers! I'm glad that she knows I love to snuggle with her and give her hugs and kisses. These are the sweet things that make being a mom all worth it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love this! betsy, i think carrots, working out at the gym, and only weighing 20 lbs is more like being unhealthy. so cute.