Monday, June 27, 2011

Quick Trip to the Zoo

A friend of mine had some complimentary zoo tickets that were expiring this week and was generous enough to give them to us. (Thanks Teresa!) So the kids and I went to the zoo for a few minutes today and took our lunch for a picnic. It was so hot and getting a little close to Anna's nap time, so I told them we wouldn't have time to see everything in the zoo. They each picked out what they wanted to see and do the most.

Catherine picked to see the snakes, go to the little playground in the zoo, and go through the mister to cool off. She stood there so long that she was actually soaking wet.

Anna was happy to see the elephants and play at the playground.
Will wanted to see the lions (who were eating a racoon and running around) and play at the playground too. Catherine and Will were both very proud of themselves for climbing on this.
We had a great (and hot) time. I love having so many options of fun things to do in Greenville with the kids.

1 comment:

Melissa Derr said...

First - what interesting animals they picked! Second - so glad to see them branching out and trying something new on the playground. I love those freebie days!!! Can't wait to see y'all again super soon.
Love - Aunt Wissa