I desire to pray for our children daily, to intercede on their behalf, pray for their salvation, pray for patenting wisdom, and thank our God for his gift of these sweet ones to our family.
But I often struggle to find time or remember to do it. I was trying to think of something I do every day that I could pray simultaneously. I decided that since I spend a good bit of time nursing babies that this would be a great prayer time.
To help me know what to pray for our children and how to pray for them, I've been using the book "Praying the Scriptures for your Children" by Berndt. This was a gift from our church's childrens ministry after the babies were born. I have really enjoyed using scripture to pray specifics for them.
A friend also just gave us Key Chain Verses as a gift. It is a set of about 30 verses that are personalized for James and Elizabeth. I keep one by the chair in the nursery and I plan to put the other in the car. It's great to just pick it up and pray through a few verses at a time. (If you're interested you can check them out at www.keychainverses.com). You could also make something similar pretty easily if there are specific verses or passages you want to memorize or pray with your children.
"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us." 1 John 5:14

No comments:
Post a Comment