Jay and I just returned from spending a few days in the Dominican Republic. It was glorious to sit in the sunshine, read a book, eat meals leisurely, and just enjoy some time together.
Jay's regional agency hosts these trips as a reward for meeting certain annual goals. It's a really nice reward for Jay and all of his hard work. I don't say it publicly enough, but I am so thankful for my husband who works really hard to take care of me and our five little people. The man gets up at 4am most days, works for 11-12 hours each day, and takes a lot of challenges and risks. It takes a lot of courage, discipline, and motivation to do what he does. And he loves it! I'm very thankful for him.
And this week I was thankful for the warm sunshine too.
Many many thanks to ALL the grandparents who kept our kids. Catherine and Will were with my dad and Kay. Anna stayed with my mom. Mimi and Poppop kept the babies and then had all 5 for one night and day. We really appreciate our family's support of our marriage. When you have lots of little kids, (or even if you don't) it's important to take some time away and just relax, have a conversation, and make new memories together.






1 comment:
That looks fun! It makes me want to go somewhere warm :)
Post a Comment