Tuesday, May 21, 2013

"official" 10 months

Alright, so my computer/blogger finally decided to recognize my last import of pics and I can add their official 10 month pics. Don't you love these cute outfits my mom made for them? She's so crafty and has made lots of cute things for all the kids lately. But I especially like this little tie and dress combo.

So at 10 months, the babies are getting into all kinds of things! Both are crawling all over. James is still faster and we have to watch him very closely; he is quite adventurous. Elizabeth usually crawls to try and stay with us. She is a people person and does not like to be by herself. 

They have started interacting and playing with each other more and more the past few weeks. They'll babble back and forth and keep a constant watch for where the other one is. If one of them cries, the other immediately checks out what's going on. They snatch toys, food, and sometimes bottles from each other. James tries to play and love on Elizabeth by smacking her in the head with his toys. She tries to poke him in the eye. So loving!! The other day they gave each other a high five.


Elizabeth definitely weighs more. I'm not sure exactly how much but I'm guessing she's around 19-20 lbs. I think James is probably 18-19lbs. She has 4 teeth (2 top, 2 bottom) and he has 8 teeth (4 top, 4 bottom). Both are eating real food. I decided at 10 months to stop buying baby food. They eat lots of fruit (bananas, strawberries, applesauce, pears, cucumbers, etc), vegetables (carrots, zucchini, corn, etc), beans, yogurt, cheese, turkey, crackers, and breads. The one thing I can't get them to do is drink from a sippy cup. I'm trying to work on that so that we can transition from bottles. They currently still drink four 6-8oz bottles a day.





They sleep from around 7:30pm to 7:30am, nap for about an hour in the morning and two hours in the afternoon. Well, that's what Elizabeth does and that's when James is in his crib. Sometimes he sleeps and sometimes he doesn't :) She sucks her two fingers and he is a thumb sucker. She also has become attached to a little pink lovey and snuggles it close while she sleeps. Very sweet.


Happy 10 months, sweet babies! We love you so much!! I can't believe they're so close to a year old!!

1 comment:

Mrs. SBA said...

Cute cute! Happy 10 months James and Elizabeth.