Sunday, October 6, 2013

A little rest in Colorado

Jay and I just returned from spending a few days in Colorado. He had some committee meetings and they invite spouses to come along for this trip. So we packed up, left all five kids with Mimi and Poppop, and headed west. 

We got to Denver on weds by lunch time and were able to meet up with some friends who live there for a quick meal. 

We stayed weds night at a golf course. I don't remember the name of it, but if you follow golf, this course just hosted the big women's tournament. (See how informed I am??) Jay was able to play the par 3 course on weds afternoon and the main course in Thursday with some if the other guys. He said it is one if the hardest courses he has ever played!! It was gorgeous sunshine and about 70 degrees. 

On Thurs afternoon we drove about two hours to Vail. It was a beautiful drive and I kept taking pictures out of the car window. 


We stayed at a beautiful resort called the Sonnenalp. It looked like we were in the Alps. By the time we woke up on Friday morning, it was only 20 degrees and had snowed! Jay was so excited to see the snow that he was outside by 4:30am walking in the streets. 


It continued to snow the rest of the day. I went for a walk with jay that afternoon in the snow. Nothing like enjoying ice cream when it is a brisk 19 degrees outside. 
By Saturday the sun came back out but it was still cold. We ended our time at a ranch with a big BBQ for the whole group. 
We had such a great time. It was really nice to have uninterrupted time with Jay and to be able to rest and relax. I even indulged myself with a pedicure and rad a whole book. We took a nap and watched a movie and just acted leisurely. And that is a treat!!

We are so glad to be back home tonight with our little people. Thanks Mimi and Poppop for taking care of everyone. 

No comments: