Friday, August 1, 2008

Union afternoon

We spent yesterday in Union, where I grew up. We went mostly to spend some time with Mama Belk, my grandmother who suffered a stroke at the beginning of July. She is improving so much. She came home from the hospital about 10 days ago. She is doing very well with her mobility and is still working on her speech. They said it would take 6 months to a year for the speech to get back to normal, but that they expect her to make pretty much a full recovery. That is so encouraging!

Here we are with Mama Belk. She's such a trooper! She loved spending some time with Catherine and Will yesterday.


While we were in Union, I also had the joy of pulling my neice Maddyson's first tooth. It has been very wiggly for a while now and she told me I could pull it. When I did, I caught her by surprise. She didn't think I really would do it. She was very startled for a few minutes but then we did a little celebration dance and she was okay!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: