Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy Birthday Baby Will!

Today, Will celebrated his 1st birthday! He was born October 1, 2007 around 9pm, weighing in at 8lbs 8oz and 20.25 inches long. We were so excited to finally meet this little baby and to know that he was a boy. I cannot describe what that moment felt like when Jay looked at me and said, "it's a boy". Will is the first boy in my family in 57 years. He's a special little man.

I thought I'd post a few pictures to remember this day from last year:

A very proud mommy and daddy about 15 mins after he was born.

Look at that sweet little bundle of joy.
Will was a much bigger baby than I was expecting after my previous 6 lbs 3 oz, 19 inch Catherine. That's a lot of baby to have been scrunched up inside! No wonder I was uncomfortable.
Catherine met her baby brother for the first time the following day. She instantly looked like she had grown and matured. But looking back on it, she was still just a baby too. She was very sweet and loved Will from the beginning. He's lucky to have such a great big sister.
I love remembering both of my children's true "birth" days. There's just an undescribable joy that becomes a permanent part of who you are in that moment. God has been so good to us.

So Happy Birthday baby Will! (and yes, I'm still calling him baby Will. I don't know when I'll give it up.)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whoa, 57 years!! way to go, will! love the pictures from a year ago when he was born... so special.