Wednesday, April 1, 2009

First Dentist Visit and 18 Months

Catherine had her first visit to the dentist today. We've been trying to build up the idea for a little while and have been practicing opening our mouth really wide to see all of our teeth in preparation for the big day. This morning she was so excited to go that at 7:45am she was asking if it was time to go to the dentist yet. I was worried the magic would fade once she got there, but she actually did really well. She didn't like the big light shining in her face and by the end she was tired of opening her mouth, but she was really great. She wasn't scared and didn't cry at all. And then she was patient enough to sit there while they cleaned my teeth and fixed a cavity. According to Catherine, I only have 5 teeth. It was a long 2 1/2 hours at the dentist office this morning, but we're happy to report that all 20 of Catherine's teeth look great!!

Will is 18 months old today! Wow that's hard to believe. I still often call him Baby Will, but that may just stick around until there's another baby one day. (and no, I am not currently pregnant!) Will is such a fun loving little guy. He likes to be rather adventerous; running. climbing, throwing things. All normal boy behavior, but I'm still adjusting at times. He can be super sweet and loves to cuddle, give hugs and kisses, and snuggle to read a book. But he can also pitch a total fit if he doesn't get what he wants.

He's still not really talking. We've had some improvement over the last week with "m" and "d" sounds. He will occasionally do "mama" and "more". He's also trying "up" and "out" and said "dada" for the first time this past weekend. I think he's been so interested in the physical movement that maybe he's just not trying to talk?? And I think Catherine does a lot of talking for him :) His comprehension is great and he actually can communicate fairly well with his grunting and pointing, but I hope he starts picking up more words soon. I'm trying to be patient and not worry, but that's what a mommy is supposed to do, right?

Here are some cute pics from splashing in the bathtub tonight. I was soaked by the time they were done, but they were having so much fun!

Happy 1 1/2 Will!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: