Last week was Painting Week. Catherine and Will stayed in WV all week with Mimi and PopPop while I painted like a crazy woman. I seriously worked on the house from 8/9am each morning until 11pm each night. It was an exhausting, yet productive week. I kept thinking "I have to get this done before Catherine and Will get home." There is no way I can paint while they're here. I would have too many helpers :)
So our finished products are:
The Hall Bath--no more peeling wallpaper. yeah! Its updates include fresh paint, repaired grout and caulk, new shower curtain, rod, and rings & a bleached tile floor (which i scrubbed with a toothbrush for about 1 1/2 hours).
The walls in the bathroom in our bedroom were in really bad shape. Last year we put in a new vanity, toilet, medicine cabinet, and fixtures. But we had never repaired where we took down the tile fixtures from the wall. And there was lots of peeling paint. It looks so much better now (even if it is still small). I also painted our bedroom this same neutral color.So our finished products are:
The Hall Bath--no more peeling wallpaper. yeah! Its updates include fresh paint, repaired grout and caulk, new shower curtain, rod, and rings & a bleached tile floor (which i scrubbed with a toothbrush for about 1 1/2 hours).
The kitchen--no more brass! We replaced the kitchen faucet, hinges, and knobs with oil rubbed bronze ones. A good sanding and fresh coat of white paint and they almost look new. Well, they still have their 45 year old charm, but they look much better :)
I also painted the living room and the hallway the same tan color as the hall bath, no more yellow.
The paint definitely freshened up the house and made it look clean and simple. I have a few more inside projects to finish up this week and then we're moving on to the outside projects in April. Hopefully by the end of April or beginning of May we'll be ready to put it up for sale. Overall it was a really busy week, but it is nice to see some immediate results from your work. I don't get that very often as a mom. It was rewarding to just do some physical "mindless" work and have hours to just think and pray. But I did tell Jay that I'm not painting the next house we buy!

2 comments:
way to go! looks awesome!
betsy!!!! it looks so great!! can't wait to see it in person. oil rubbed bronze is fun huh!!
Post a Comment