Saturday, January 22, 2011

Puerto Rico Sunshine

This week, Jay and I had the opportunity to go to San Juan, Puerto Rico for 4 days. For the past few years, Jay's district office through Charlotte has an "award" trip. If the agents meet a certain goal of new clients, they get to go on a trip in January. This is the 4th year we have gone on these trips, and I must admit that it is really nice to go somewhere warm and sunny in January. I struggle with the cold, cloudy days of winter. It's like I take a deep breath at Christmas and don't let it out until the spring days of March. So having a little sunshine in January is wonderful!!

The beautiful beach. I love the color of the ocean in the Caribbean.

Jay and I really enjoyed having time just the 2 of us to go out to dinner, have conversations, relax, and read books. Neither of us had been to Puerto Rico before, so it was fun to explore a new city together.
On Monday, I literally sat beside this pool the entire day and read a book (Pat Conroy's My Reading Life). That's pretty much my idea of fabulous.
And if I got tired of reading, I looked up and saw this. Ahhh......

No comments: