The bathroom is so close to being finished that I can't wait to start sharing some pics! The only things we're lacking are a shower door and dimmer switches on the lights. And I need to make up my mind about some bathmats. By Thursday, we'll be showering in there and moving back out of the guest bathroom. Yeah!
Just for a reminder, here's the before photo: Lovely typical 1980's white tile, with some blue accents tiles and lots of cracks and chips, and a leaky shower door. The shower itself was so plain that I forgot to even take a picture of it. And let's remember why we started this whole project. The shower pan and liner until the tiles was leaking into the ceiling downstairs.

And here's the after! Beautiful tile, some really fun paint, even a new toilet (the tall kind for Jay). This picture also shows the least expensive of my updates--the cabinet above the toilet. It has a clear door on it that always bothered me because who really wants to look at boxes of feminine products? I contemplated buying a different cabinet, but didn't want to spend $ on it. Then I looked for storage baskets to put things inside, but couldn't' find any narrow and tall enough. So I finally decided to put some scrapbook paper inside the clear glass, and viola! You can't see through it any more.

One of Jay's favorite features is that they moved the shower head up a couple of inches for him. We also have 2 shelves for bath products and a seat so I can prop up my leg to shave.

Here's even the shower floor:

I'll post more pics of the rest of the bathroom soon. I feel like I'm ready to go on a vacation in my own bathroom!
2 comments:
Looks great Betsy!
LOVE IT!!! So jealous - it feels like a real spa in your own home :)
Post a Comment