Monday, July 11, 2011

Yellow Jacket Surprise

Tonight while Jay was taking Eli potty, they found our second nest of yellow jackets for this summer. (Will and I found one nest last summer.) Poor Eli got stung at least 5 or 6 times, and Jay got stung twice. By God's protection, Anna did not get stung even though Jay was holding her during the whole episode. Poor Eli was so terrified that when he came inside he ran down to the basement and hid in the corner. We finally convinced him to come back upstairs and then he hid under our bed. The kids were really worried about him and went to check on him.

A few minutes later, Will comes out and says "Hey, look what I found. A guitar!!" Yep, in my attempt to plan ahead and be frugal, I purchased Will a guitar last month at Target when it was on sale, I had a coupon, and a gift card. I hid it under our bed because his birthday isn't until October. We couldn't very well tell him to go put it back under the bed, so he was pretty excited about his surprise. At least it was a funny way to end the yellow jacket scare.

No comments: