Tuesday, April 3, 2012

My Surprise Birthday Celebration

For the last few weeks, Jay kept telling me not to plan anything on the Saturday night after my birthday. That I'd get my birthday present then. I assumed that meant that we were going out to a nice dinner together for my birthday.

To my surprise, on Saturday afternoon Jay told me that about 15 people were coming to our house that night to have a birthday dinner with me. He had invited lots of friends from church and Bible study to spend a girls only evening here.

He even arranged for Strossner's to cater dinner. They came and set everything up. It was very yummy!



Somehow I ended up with 3 birthday cakes.....
...so my friends made me try all of them! And yes, they put candles in them and sang to me. Some of them even brought presents, although they weren't supposed to.
It was a great evening to just relax and enjoy time with friends. I'm so thankful for my thoughtful husband who planned everything. He's pretty amazing.

No comments: