Monday, May 21, 2012

So Encouraging

I have to admit: some days I feel like I can't possibly make it through another day of pregnancy. And then, I have friends and family who offer encouragement and support in so many ways. And it recharges me enough to keep going. We have friends and family who are currently cooking meals for us, doing our laundry, having our children over for playdates, and donating all kinds of baby gear to us (cribs, mattresses, bouncy seats, clothes, diapers, and more). I am amazed at the generosity and awed by seeing how God truly uses the people of His church to be His hands and feet.

My wonderful friends from Sunday school hosted a baby shower for me yesterday. It was a lot of fun to celebrate these two little ones. It still seems surreal to me to know that we're having two babies. It may not seem totally real until I see their little faces. Catherine was excited to go with me to the shower and help open presents. We were given diapers, diaper disposal, nursing pads, bottles and accessories, clothes, sweet little blankets, burp cloths, and more. They also brought us frozen meals to stock our freezer. How amazing!





The babies are continuing to grow well in there. Catherine wanted to take a picture of the babies--so there they are! They should be approximately 4 1/2 lbs each this week. I had my 33 week appt today and everything looks great. My blood pressure is staying low and my weight gain is slowing down (I actually hadn't gained any since last week). I'm just supposed to take it easy and "not do anything crazy" the dr said!

Many many thanks to everyone for their encouragement and support. I certainly can't do this by myself and I'm so thankful for the people God has surrounded us with who are just as excited about these babies as we are.

No comments: