Saturday, June 1, 2013

The sock drawer

In a home with 7 people and a dog who likes to take socks out of the laundry to tote around the house, we have quite a few mismatched socks. I would say, on average, that I have 2 or 3 lonely socks in every load of laundry. Multiply that by the 15-20 loads of laundry I do each week, and that's a lot of socks!!

I used to put the individual socks back in each person's drawer and would randomly go through to match them up. Now I have a designated sock drawer in the kids' bathroom. All the kids' single socks are placed there and once a week or so, I go through and match up the pairs. Occasionally a small child can do this as a chore. Today I  I found 11 matching pairs!! Whohoo! 

Who knew that as a mom, socks would occupy this much of a strategic plan???

And if we ever need extra socks to make puppets, we know where to get them. 

1 comment:

Carly said...

You are a genius! I love this idea. I will be starting a "sock drawer" tomorrow. Haha