On Saturday, James and Elizabeth turned ONE!!
I can't believe it's already been a year since these sweet babies were born. It's been the longest, fastest, hardest, most exhausting, most exciting year we've probably ever had. In some ways, it seems like we are still in the new stage of figuring out how to handle two babies, and in other ways it feels like a really long time ago that they were snuggled together sleeping in a crib in our room.
I always feel like once we get to the first birthday though, that I kind of exhale. Things settle into place a little easier and it's not the constant change of routine with sleep and eating every other month. It seems to get a little easier, and I'm looking forward to that as we head into this second year with them.
We had a small party with family and a couple of friends to just enjoy the moment of getting through this year and celebrate how God has sustained us through it and how precious these two are to us.
And it was a lot of fun to watch them eat cake!! At first they weren't really sure what to do with it, until I gave them each a little lick off my finger. Then they dove in, especially sweet Elizabeth who was just face planting into her cake while James grabbed it by the fistful.
Happy Birthday James!
Happy Birthday Elizabeth!
We love you!!

1 comment:
I love how Elizabeth dove face first into the the cake... in one photo she has the tiniest bit of blue icing on her ear - I guess James had to touch her! (Easton and Elle are always touching each other)
Happy Birthday sweet babies!
Post a Comment