Monday, November 24, 2008

The Grove Park Inn


On Friday night, I surprised Jay with a date to the Grove Park Inn for dinner. Jay's favorite restaurant is there. On Friday and Saturday nights they have a buffet that fills two rooms with food. It's fantastic! We stayed at GPI for our honeymoon, so it's always been a special place to us. We had a great evening, just enjoying some time to have a conversation and do something out of the ordinary. SometimesI'm so consumed with taking care of Catherine and Will all day that I forget to do special things for Jay. He was really surprised and appreciated our night together.

And what did we do with our kids? They had a slumber party with their friends! Catherine stayed with her friend Olivia at my friend Windy's house and Will stayed at my friend Jennifer's house (just 2 doors down from Windy). They had a great time with their friends.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kelley said...

We've never been to the GPI but I'd love to go. What is the restaurant?

Betsy said...

They have 3 or 4 restaurants there. The one we went to is called the Blue Ridge Dining Room. I highly recommend the Friday and Saturday night buffets or Sunday brunch. Yum!