Jay and I just returned from a long weekend in Cancun. We had a great time being away just the 2 of us (along with 30 other people from Northwestern!) and being in some warm weather. This was a reward trip from Jay's Charlotte regional agency for meeting a certain goal last year. Neither of us had been to Cancun before and it's probably not somewhere we would have picked on our own to go, but we really enjoyed it. Everything is so "Americanized" that we hardly felt like we had left the United States.
The view from our hotel balcony. We stayed at The Aqua Hotel. It was very nice and spa-like, had 7 pools each with a different temperature, and good food. We really enjoyed the accommodations.
Jay in the white sand and beautiful blue ocean. I love, love, love the color of the ocean.The view from our hotel balcony. We stayed at The Aqua Hotel. It was very nice and spa-like, had 7 pools each with a different temperature, and good food. We really enjoyed the accommodations.
We ate one night at a Thai restaurant (one of our favorite foods). The tables were in individual little huts out on the ocean. It was really cool.
I enjoyed the sun. We had a day or two of rain and clouds, but Sunday and Monday were much better. I could sit outside and read all day. Actually, I did. I read one book on Friday, one on Saturday, and one on Monday. On Sunday, Jay and I rode jet skis in the ocean and went snorkeling. Lots of fun for a quick vacation!

No comments:
Post a Comment