On Tuesday afternoon, Catherine broke her arm. She was climbing down off her bed and about halfway down, fell. When she tried to catch herself on her arm, it broke. I was standing beside her and literally saw her arm just bend. At first I thought "did I really just see that?" but then when I looked at her arm, I knew. It was definitely broken. Nobody's arm is supposed to look like that (especially my little girl's!) I immediately called my neighbor to come keep Will while I took her to the ER (trip #2 in 10 days). Jay met me there.
I naively assumed that if you go to the ER with a broken arm that they fix it. Instead, we came home with a splint and a bandage and were told to call the orthopedist the next day. So on Wednesday we went to see the orthopedist. He said that she needed to be put to sleep to fix it because the process of setting it would be pretty painful. So, Catherine walked around most of this week with a broken arm, which made me slightly paranoid. We went this morning to St. Francis to have her arm fixed. The procedure didn't take too long at all and Catherine did great. She was very brave and we were so proud of her. She really has handled it much better than I think I would have.
We'll be going next Thursday to get a cast (pink, of course). Catherine's biggest question about breaking her arm was whether or not she could still carry her purse. She's such a girl! She's very disappointed about not being able to swim and was sad to miss the rest of VBS this week. Overall she is adjusting well though and will hopefully be all better in a few weeks.
Catherine on Weds morning before going to the Dr:
At the Dr's office, checking out Virginia while we wait. Apparently her arm also hurts.I naively assumed that if you go to the ER with a broken arm that they fix it. Instead, we came home with a splint and a bandage and were told to call the orthopedist the next day. So on Wednesday we went to see the orthopedist. He said that she needed to be put to sleep to fix it because the process of setting it would be pretty painful. So, Catherine walked around most of this week with a broken arm, which made me slightly paranoid. We went this morning to St. Francis to have her arm fixed. The procedure didn't take too long at all and Catherine did great. She was very brave and we were so proud of her. She really has handled it much better than I think I would have.
We'll be going next Thursday to get a cast (pink, of course). Catherine's biggest question about breaking her arm was whether or not she could still carry her purse. She's such a girl! She's very disappointed about not being able to swim and was sad to miss the rest of VBS this week. Overall she is adjusting well though and will hopefully be all better in a few weeks.
Catherine on Weds morning before going to the Dr:
At the hospital this morning in pre-op. She was so brave and strong!

No comments:
Post a Comment