Friday, June 12, 2009

Swim Lessons

Catherine and Will took swim lessons at our gym this week. We signed up for classes, but we were the only ones who signed up for that time slot, so we had 1-on-1 lessons. I loved our teacher, Ms. Roslyn. She has 7 girls between the ages of 5 to 14, so she didn't hesitate to tell Catherine that she couldn't whine :) Perfect!

With Will, we worked on him being comfortable in the water, kicking his legs, reaching with his arms, putting his face in, blowing bubbles, and jumping in. Believe it or not, his favorite thing to do was just throw a ball in the water! By the end of the week, he really was much more comfortable and loved kicking, splashing, and jumping.

Catherine also worked on jumping. On the very last day, she even jumped in all by herself without holding anyone's hands! She practiced kicking her legs, using her arms to make strokes, floating, and even swimming underwater. She learned how to do the frog kick and even swam holding onto a kickboard. I was really proud of how much she learned and tried in just 1 week. She now wants to practice and show me all of her swim moves in the bathtub every night.

Two happy kids after swim lessons! They had a great time. I need to make sure I give them plenty of opportunities this summer to keep practicing and I'm sure they'll be swimming all by themselves before we know it. (Our new neighborhood will have a pool, so maybe we can practice there!)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: