Anna is 7 months old today!! That is both exciting and makes me a little nostalgic--we're on the other side of 6 months which means soon she'll have a birthday which means she's growing too fast!! But oh she's so much fun. Her little smile just melts my heart every time I see it.
This past week sitting up "clicked" and she's suddenly a pro! Every now and then she'll still tumble over (especially with some help from her big brother) but she's pretty sturdy.
She is also starting to crawl (really scoot) a little bit--backwards! And now that she can sit up, she's figured out how to push herself from her hands and knees to a sitting position. I think she'll figure this crawling movement out pretty soon.
Since she can sit up by herself, it has made running errands a little easier. I had been still putting her in the Ergo carrier or taking a stroller in each store, but we're now able to use shopping carts and high chairs.
She also is eating lots of baby food--carrots, sweet potatoes, peas, broccoli, apples, pears, bananas, oatmeal, rice cereal--and can use her fingers to pick up cheerios and puffs. She's keeping her two teeth very busy. We're still working on drinking a bottle and occasionally taking formula. And we're introducing the sippy cup with water too. Maybe she'll catch onto those this month. All of that eating and growing is hard work!
She is also starting to crawl (really scoot) a little bit--backwards! And now that she can sit up, she's figured out how to push herself from her hands and knees to a sitting position. I think she'll figure this crawling movement out pretty soon.We love you, sweet Anna. I'm excited to see what you'll learn in the next month and to keep watching you grow.

No comments:
Post a Comment