Thursday, October 28, 2010

They Just Keep Growing....

....and growing and growing!

This morning I took Will for his 3 yr checkup and Anna for her 6 month checkup (although she's 7 months already--we had some scheduling difficulties).

Will weighs 31 lbs (43%) and is 37 1/2 inches tall (53%). Will did great for his checkup. He even cooperated for the hearing test and read the shapes on the eye chart. His asthma and allergies have been very good for the last 6 to 9 months, so we're not going to start him back on the Pulimicort nebulizer as a preventative treatment. If he starts having any problems this fall or winter we'll have to, but hopefully he's outgrowing some of it and the Zyrtec and Nasonex seem to be keeping it manageable.

Anna weighs 16 lbs (30%) and is 27 1/4 inches long (80%). Her weight percentile dropped again (how is this the same baby who weighed 9lbs 5 oz when she was born 9 days early??) but our doctor is not worried about it at this point. She is eating well and everything else seems great, so we'll just watch to see where her body weight naturally ends up. She may be small and petite like her sister (who is usually in the 5% for weight). We're still avoiding dairy products since we don't know about the milk allergy and will wait until she's a year old to really find out what's going on there. I'm still trying to convince her to drink some of the formula that she's not allergic to, so I think I'm going to just offer her a bottle of it every afternoon in hopes that she'll become familiar enough with the taste to drink it. These things (as are so many decisions of parenting) are always trial and error.

So with our combined total of 7 vaccinations, we're ready to go! We're thankful for healthy children. I know there are so many people who wish they could have simple and easy checkups like this. Sometimes I forget how blessed we are to have these 3 healthy children.

No comments: