Monday, November 1, 2010

Trick or Treat!

We had lots of fun trick-or-treating this year. With the confusion of whether people were trick-or-treating on Saturday or Sunday, we ended up going twice. We had planned to go on Sunday night with our friends at their neighborhood. Mimi and PopPop were still here on Saturday and wanted to see the kids trick or treat too, so when we saw that the neighborhood besides ours was officially trick-or-treating on Saturday, we decided to go there for a few minutes too.

Catherine especially decided that trick-or-treating is her gig. She became little Miss Independent and wanted to go up to the doors all by herself, with Will tagging along of course. Jay tried to walk up with her to help ring a doorbell and she yelled "No, Daddy. Stay in the street. I can do this by myself!" Well, okay then.... A little bit of attitude from the angel :)

They are the cutest angel, pumpkin, and fireman though. Will was very excited to help rescue people. Anna did not appreciate her pumpkin head.
This is the best way to enjoy the festivities--just hanging out in the stroller.
Our friend's neighborhood has some houses that get very excited about Halloween decorating, like this one. The people here live across the street from our friends and made personalized gift bags of Halloween candy and surprises for the kids, including ours and we don't even live there!
I really enjoy watching the kids get dressed up and go trick-or-treating. Prior to having children, Halloween was my least favorite holiday of all. I guess it's because I only went trick-or-treating once or twice as a child. So now I'm enjoying taking our little people (and eating their candy when they're not looking).

No comments: