Fall is in full swing at our house, with busy days of playing, cleaning, preschool, errands, church, playdates, and lots of laughter, crying, tantrums, and fun! Here are a few random pics to share:
The preferred method of transportation at our these days is Will's new front-loader that he got for his birthday. He and Catherine love to scoop up dirt and leaves and ride all through the millions of acorns that are in our driveway. (and please notice that Will is of course wearing shorts, t-shirts, and sandals. I cannot convince our children to wear pants or long sleeves unless it's below 40 degrees.)

Catherine finished her dance class for the fall. They had a day when the parents could come watch. It's always fun to see that beautiful little girls and their ballerina dance moves. Catherine's social calendar is in full swing with playdates, birthday parties, dance, choir, and preschool. She also spent 5 days at Mimi and PopPop's all by herself. When she came back home she seemed so grown up. I can't believe she's almost 5 and so independent. My eyes sometimes still get teary just from dropping her off in the car line at school and watching her walk inside by herself.

Anna is also on the move. She started crawling a few days ago! Sometimes she forgets that she knows how and will just sit there (which I like) and she gets frustrated if she tries to crawl a long distance, but it's all starting to click. Catherine asked when they would need to watch out so that Anna wouldn't get into all their stuff. Soon...very soon. And with three teeth now (all on bottom) she could chew up lots of toys.

Ahh, the perils of preschool. While putting on Will's pjs last night I found this on his back. I asked him what happened and he said another little boy bit him on the playground when Will tried to play with his car. He had a pretty good bite! I guess it's not that much different than the hitting and kicking I had disciplined Will for earlier in the day though. And oh yes, I almost forgot. His name isn't Will anymore either. It's Rob, after the fireman in a book we checked out the library weeks ago. Will wanted us to call him Rob one day so we did. It has now been weeks and he's still insisting that we call him Rob. He cries and yells if we call him Will. Even his teachers at school call him Rob now. He did finally negotiate a little bit the other day and tell me I could call him Mr. Hatten. Gotta love that 3 yr old determination.

Okay, this one is totally random, but I like it. My car had 111,111 miles on it. You people know I have weird things with numbers and even though these are odd numbers I still like it. Keep on hanging in there Pilot, so that I can keep resisting the minivan!
1 comment:
I love that our girls are almost exactly on the same track. Karis just started crawling 2 days ago. She has already started trying to take Krieg's stuff and he hates it!
Post a Comment