Jay and I got 27 hours away together this past weekend, from Friday at 10am until Saturday at 1pm. Yes, I counted the hours. The time for just the two of us to be together seems so precious and rare these days that I wanted to enjoy every minute. For our time "away" we went to downtown Greenville. We hardly ever get to enjoy all the fun things in our own city and we didn't want to be too far away in case things went downhill quickly with the kids :) (And for the record, yes Anna refused to drink her bottle for the entire 27 hours. But she survived.)
Jay scheduled a couples massage for us on Friday morning and then we ate at Jamaica Twist for lunch. We stayed at the new Courtyard Marriott (gotta love Marriott points) and they let us check in early at 1pm, so we were able to enjoy a long 2 hour nap on Friday afternoon. We ate at Rick Erwin's for dinner that night and enjoyed walking downtown and browsing through art galleries. After sleeping all night (no one woke us up to eat or fix blankets or go to the bathroom!!!) we enjoyed brunch at Mary's Restaurant at Falls Cottage. It was a beautiful fall morning and we loved sitting outside overlooking the park. We enjoyed some time just strolling through the park and then went back to the hotel to watch football before our late check-out at 1pm. We had a great time together. I really love spending time with Jay. He's my favorite person in the whole world. I'm so glad I'm his wife.
Our time together seems to be captured by one of our new favorite songs "Dancing in the Minefields" by Andrew Peterson. Part of the lyrics:
"I do" are the two most famous last words
The beginning of the end
But to lose your life for another I've heard
Is a good place to begin
'Cause the only way to find your life
Is to lay your own life down
And I believe it's an easy price
For the life that we have found
And we're dancing in the minefields
We're sailing in the storms
This is harder than we dreamed
But I believe that's what the promise is for
'Cause we bear the light of the Son of Man
So there's noting left to fear
So I'll walk with you in the shadowlands
Til the shadows disappear
'Cause he promised not to leave us
And his promises are true
So in the face of all this chaos, baby
I can dance with you
And we're dancing in the minefields
We're sailing in the storms
This is harder than we dreamed
But I believe that's what the promise is for
No comments:
Post a Comment