Monday, May 23, 2011

All Finished


Catherine and Will finished up their preschool year last week. They both had a great year and really enjoyed their teachers and classmates. I'm always encouraged to see the fun things they're learning and making.

Catherine's class had a special Mother's Day morning for the moms a few weeks ago. Catherine made me this picture at her seat.
And they sang some really cute songs about the mommy's. Her teacher had also asked them a series of questions about their moms. One question was "What's your favorite food your mom cooks?" Catherine's answer "Any kind of meat. I like meat." She also said I was as pretty as a flower, if I were an animal I would be a fluffy white dog, and that my favorite tv show is Curious George.
To finish up her choir class at church, they sang in the evening worship service on Mother's Day. She has loved, loved, loved choir and was very excited to sing. (This isn't the greatest picture, but it was kind of a crazy experience because there was no nursery and Anna was crawling and screaming and Will wanted to stand on the pew and Jay was out of town. But Catherine is in the middle with the red headband.)
On the final day of preschool we had a picnic with the families and teachers. Here's Catherine and her friend Anna Louise with Ms. Julie (left) and Ms. Janice (right). They are super-star preschool teachers!
And here's Will with Ms. Shaney (left) and Ms. Heather (right). They have unbelievable patience and energy to be excited about a classroom full of 2 and 3 yr olds each day! Will really grew socially a lot in their class this year and was excited every week to go see "his boys" and play.
Now we're excited for summer and already planning lots of fun activities!

No comments: