Last week at the beach (for Thanksgiving) we told the kids we were expecting a new baby. We were all out playing in the sand and waves and I wrote it in the sand for Catherine to read out loud.
That's right--there are 2 babies!!! As soon as the ultrasound tech pulled it up on the screen, before she could even say "Oh", I saw it. I just couldn't believe it. I started nervously laughing and shaking; Jay was pacing around the room. We were both so surprised! Thankfully both babies look very healthy and had good strong heartbeats. Now that I know there are two of them, I already feel very protective of both of them and want them to be part of our family.
Catherine and Will are so excited. Anna has no clue what's going on, of course. But, Lord willing, we'll be welcoming two little babies into our family some time next June.
I've had lots of people tell me yesterday and today that we'll be great parents for twins, to have 5 kids ages 6 and under. I have to be honest. I don't feel prepared or capable of that! That's a really big task for someone. I keep thinking back on something I read in a devotion a week or two ago about how God often puts us in circumstances in our lives that highlight our weaknesses so that He can show His strength. I definitely think this is one of those circumstances! It will surely be by His strength and His grace that we manage. But since He seems to be giving us double blessings these days, I'm counting on double the grace and strength!!
We really are excited, a bit nervous, and still surprised. But we are so thankful for God's blessings to us!
3 comments:
We are so excited too!!! Thanks for the picture - and I love how you told the kids :) We are anxiously awaiting the arrival of niece/nephew/s #10 and 11. We get to live through you!
Love to all and see you soon -
aunt Wissa
So happy and nervous excited for you!! Double the grace an blessing for sure!
That was so cool to see a pic of that sonogram... I've never seen that before! And yes, the Lord is good. IT will be strenuous and difficult, but without a doubt He will provide for your every need! Congrats!!! I'm so excited.
Post a Comment