Wednesday, December 14, 2011

They are so cute when they sing

On Sunday night, Catherine's choir at church sang in the children's Christmas program. The picture below shows about 1/2 of the choir, so there are maybe 20 kids or so total. Sitting halfway back in the sanctuary, I could hear Catherine singing above all of them. And she was so dramatic with her hand motions. She took the whole thing very seriously and loved it. She especially liked singing "gloria in excelsis deo" and said that she gets so carried away, she doesn't know when to stop singing!

Today at school, Catherine and Will had their Christmas program. Catherine's class performed the nativity scene (which is often called the "activity" scene at our house). Catherine was the announcer, in the form of a horse from the stable. She did a great job reading and singing.
Will's sweet class sang songs about bells--Ring those Bells, Jingle bells, and one more I can't currently remember. They made bell shirts with their handprints. He was so excited to be in the program like Catherine and sang so loudly and proudly. (He's in the middle of the front row, in case you can't find him the excitement below.)
Catherine's class then each had 1 letter of Merry Christmas and had a description of Christmas for that letter. Catherine was A--A is for the angels who sent messages from above. Our sweet girl does not have stage fright. She spoke loudly and clearly and I think loves being in front of people.
Then they all sang "We Wish you a Merry Christmas".
Super sweet to watch them sing. I always feel so proud when they do things like this. I guess that's just what mommies are supposed to do.


No comments: