Jay and I will celebrate our 9th wedding anniversary this Wednesday.
To celebrate, just the two of us headed to Asheville this past weekend. We spent part of our honeymoon there and it's always a special place for us to go and relax.
We went to the Grove Park Inn and had lunch in the Great Hall. We walked around
and looked at the gingerbread houses and Christmas trees. (They host an amazing Gingerbread House competition every Christmas. Truly amazing what these people can make.) Then we sat in the rocking chairs, read our books/magazines, and Jay even took a short nap.
Then we went to The Cove (Billy Graham's conference center) for the Andrew Peterson
"Behold the Lamb" Christmas concert. We had dinner there, went to the concert, stayed the night, and had breakfast the next morning. We love AP's Christmas album. I listen to it year round and we've always wanted to hear it in concert. It was great. I highly recommend checking out if you aren't familiar with it. It tells the Christmas story in the context of the whole Bible and how Christ was the fulfillment of what was promised in the Old Testament. True and celebratory!
Then we headed back to Union to pick up our kiddos. Thanks to my family for watching everybody. It was so nice to be away that I didn't even take my camera out of my purse. That's unusual for me but I think Jay appreciated it! There's nobody else in the whole world I'd rather spend time with than Jay, and we relish our time when it's just the two of us.
Happy Anniversary! Here's to many, many more years.
No comments:
Post a Comment