Yesterday afternoon Catherine and I went to the grocery store. She very rarely goes with me to the grocery store since she's usually at school when I go. As a treat, I told her we could get one of her very favorite things--TruMoo chocolate milk. I even had a coupon for it. I never buy this because I think it's ridiculous to pay $3.50 for a gallon of chocolate milk when we have regular milk and chocolate syrup at home. But I thought I'd treat her. She was so excited.
Unfortunately, as we were unloading the groceries from the car Jay accidentally dropped the prized milk in the driveway. The side of the container split and the entire gallon of milk spilled right there. Catherine was so sad, but managed to hold herself together. I told her we'd get some more soon. She took that to mean that same night.
So after the kids went to bed, Jay offered to go get another gallon of milk. We had gotten the last gallon at Publix and I didn't want to him to go all the way there and not find any. So he went to Bi-Lo to get some. He came home with the milk and then asked, "Is it normal for this milk to cost $6?" Six dollars?? He paid $6 for a gallon of milk! After we'd already spent $3 on it a few hours earlier. We now have the world's most expensive gallon of milk. $9. Wow. I hope they really enjoy it.
1 comment:
Milk prices are soaring. I think Bi-Lo has really expensive milk.
Post a Comment