This past Monday I celebrated my 32nd birthday and on Tuesday Anna celebrated her 2nd birthday. We had lots of fun enjoying both of our birthdays!
On Sunday night, Jay took Catherine and Will to the dollar tree to pick out some fun birthday decorations. When Anna and I got home from the grocery store, the table was set for festivities. There were also birthday banners hanging from the front porch, the banister, and in the living room. And the kids favorite part was the 12 pack of party horns/noise makers they got.
She loves all things girly--especially shoes. She must change shoes 5 or 6 times a day. Her favorites lately are princess dress up shoes, Catherine's old ballet shoes, and her pink polka dot bedroom slippers. She also likes her leopard print ones and pink plaid tennis shoes. Thankfully she knows how to put them on and off by herself, so I let her amuse herself by changing shoes all day.
She picked her favorite food for lunch that day--yogurt and granola with strawberries. She eats that for either breakfast or lunch pretty much every day. Some days she asks for it twice. She also loves juice and would prefer to only drink juice all day. I try to sneak in water, but she usually gets mad. She has never liked drinking milk, probably because she had to avoid it for the first year and a half of her life.
Aunt Kelly asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she said lollipops. So that's what she got! She really loved it! Her favorite song to listen to is an oldie CD I have with the "Lollipop" song on it.
I also took her to Barnes and Noble for a free birthday cupcake (if you join their kids club, they send you coupons for these on your kids' birthdays). She really enjoyed it and thought it was extra special to go out with just mommy for her "cake".
I can't tell you how much we enjoy this sweet little peanut. She brings such joy and laughter to our family. Catherine and Will both adore her. They sometimes even argue over who gets to sit beside her, hold her hand, be the first in when she wakes up in the morning, etc. And she loves them too! I know she'll be a great big sister to the babies and I can't wait to see how her personality continues to develop and grow.
Aunt Kelly asked her what she wanted for her birthday and she said lollipops. So that's what she got! She really loved it! Her favorite song to listen to is an oldie CD I have with the "Lollipop" song on it.
Happy Birthday Anna! You're the best birthday gift I've ever gotten and I'm glad we'll always get to celebrate together!
No comments:
Post a Comment