Wednesday, March 21, 2012

She's ready to be the big sister

Our sweet Anna is excited about "mommy's babies" (that what she calls them). She loves to kiss and hug my tummy, say hey to "brober" and "sissy" (she knows who is on each side), and go with me to dr's appointments. She is really sweet and will be a great big sister.

I had my 24 week checkup yesterday. The babies are looking great. Baby boy measured at 1 lb 6 oz and baby girl measured 1 lb 7 oz. It is great that they are growing at the same rates and both have doubled in weight in the last 4 weeks. Everybody looks happy and healthy in there.

I am feeling pretty well....just extra pregnant :) I feel more like 30 weeks or so, but that's apparently very normal. I get out of breathe easily and have to take it slowly. I really have to pace myself with what I can do each day and I try to rest for at least an hour each afternoon. But overall I can't complain and I'm thankful that the babies are healthy.

I'll go back in 2 weeks and we'll keep monitoring these sweet ones. At most we have 14 weeks until we meet them (although I'm hoping it's really only 12-13 weeks). It seems surreal to still think about holding two babies at once, but I'm getting more and more excited about it.

No comments: