Catherine's school had their Boosterthon Fun Run this morning. She was so excited about it!
She has been collecting pledges and donations all week from friends and family. The kids run laps (25-35) for an hour and pledges are made for each lap. People could also make a flat donation. The money is being used to buy a set of iPads and playground equipment for their school. And ten percent of what each class earns goes directly to their teacher to use for classroom supplies.
I'm not a huge fan of fundraisers and I don't like asking people for money, but I do have to say that the organization who runs this has it well planned and thought out. It was the most enjoyable fundraiser I've participated in.
Catherine did a great job of learning to speak to adults and talk to them about it. Her first attempt to ask Mimi and Poppop for a pledge required three phone calls, lots of tears, and a good bit of prompting from Poppop. But by yesterday she was calling out of town friends and our neighbor. She even wrote a note to the sweet mom who drives her home in the afternoons and asked for a donation. She always made sure to tell them that they could pledge up to $65 per lap :)
We are so proud of you, Catherine. It's a lot of fun to watch you grow up and try new challenges. Many thanks to our friends and family who supported Catherine's fun run!



No comments:
Post a Comment