Tuesday, February 26, 2013

a little bit of spring

I love flowers. If I had lots of extra time I would play outside in the yard all day. Maybe in heaven God will let me play with the flowers and gardens.

In the meantime, I do a little bit here and there in our yard. When we first moved in (3 1/2 yrs ago) one or two little clumps of daffodils popped up in late winter/early spring. Every year since then, I've tried to plant more bulbs. I really like having random flowers growing in the woods. We've had such warm winters the past two years that they have actually started blooming in January.

I've also recruited a really cute yard boy. He's a five year old named Will. He loves to help dig holes and plant bulbs and flowers with me. The girls think they want to help, but about 15 mins later they declare they're done. Will will stay out there for an hour or more until we get the job done. He also really likes to trim bushes and trees :) Just give the boy a pair of garden clippers and he's really happy.

When I look at our yellow blooms, I enjoy them even more because I think about planting them with my boy. 





No comments: