James and Elizabeth are 7 months old (well, a little over 7 1/2 months old...I'm behind on these things!)
They are both such a delight. They are eating baby food 2-3 times per day and attempting to drink out of sippy cups. The love the fruits and veggies, except peas and green beans aren't their favorites. They also like the baby yogurt. They still drink 6-8oz bottles 3-4 times per day and I alternate which one I nurse each night (while daddy gives the other one a bottle). Sadly, I think our nursing days are about over. I'll try to keep the bedtime nursing as long as possible, but that may only be another month or so.
They are both learning to sit up on their own. Elizabeth is pretty steady. James is too wiggly to stay still long enough to do it. He is starting to crawl. He can move his legs and then throws himself forward, kinda like an inchworm. He can also scoot backwards and pretty much figure out a way to get where he wants to go.
Elizabeth still isn't showing much interest in moving. She will occasionally roll over, maybe once every other day. She can push herself up on her arms while she's on her tummy but isn't quite to a crawling position yet. We did her BabyNet evaluation and start with her Early Interventionist tomorrow. I'm so thankful that a wonderful young lady from our church is going to be her EI. We also have in a referral for an evaluation from the physical therapist. Hopefully they'll be able to show us some ways to encourage these motor skills.
We've been battling the colds/runny noses for the past month. Last week Elizabeth had a virus as well and ran a high fever, up to 104, for a few days. It was a little scary for her fever to be so high and for her to be so lethargic, but thankfully she recovered pretty quickly.
They both are "talking" to us--lots of coos and babbles and sounds. They also have started holding up their arms if they want you to pick them up. If one of them is fussing and I pick up one baby, the other one will also start fussing to be picked up. They pay attention to each other for sure!
It's a lot of fun to have two babies! A lot of work too, but definitely a lot of fun! Sometimes it still catches me by surprise that we have twins.
Even though I feel crazy and busy sometimes, I also have to remind myself to savor it. I know that these are days I'll look back on so fondly when they're grown.
Happy 7 months, sweet babies!

3 comments:
They are precious! And I love that my burp cloth makes it into the pictures!! :)
That precious burp cloth was the inspiration for my nursery decor approximately 7.5 years ago! Gotta keep it around!!
they are precious! and it's fun seeing/hearing of you enjoy all 5 of them so much!
Post a Comment