Valentine's Day is probably my least favorite holiday. I'm all for love, but it seems silly to put extra emphasis on people declaring their love on this one day. I know--I'm a valentine Scrooge! But I'm pretty sure my family already knows I love them.
For the first time in the 14 years that jay and I have been together, I got him a valentines card. Actually 2 cards. I even drew a red heart on one. I'm getting sappy.
I got the big kids valentines surprises--a hair bow and shirt for anna, bracelet and skirt for catherine, socks and fleece vest for will (all good clearance buys from Gymboree). I made them a special valentines breakfast--chocolate chip pancakes with whip cream and powdered sugar hearts and strawberries on red and white polka dot plates. That's very festive for me at 6am.
Anna decided she wanted to pull out her pink Christmas tree and decorate it for valentines. So Will, Anna, and I spent about an hour drawing, cutting, and writing on our hearts for our valentines tree. That's about as crafty I get, people.
My favorite valentines thing for this week is our memory verse: 1 John 4:10 "this is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent his son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." Now THAT is love. That I will celebrate!



No comments:
Post a Comment