We just returned from our trip to Milwaukee for Northwestern Mutual's annual meeting. We had a great trip. It is always so encouraging to be with our Northwestern family, and enjoying the cooler weather in Milwaukee was nice too. They do such a great job making this a family event.
On Sunday morning, we all participated in the Roots and Wings race. Marcy (Jay's mom) pushed Catherine and Will in the stroller for the 5k while Steve (Jay's dad), Jay, and I ran the 10k. Catherine was so excited about being in the race. She kept saying, "Faster, Mimi, faster." Baby Will, however, wanted to stop mid-race and eat some cheerios.
On Sunday night, they host a Garden party at the Milwaukee Zoo. They have tons of great food and entertainment and you can visit everything in the zoo. Catherine and Will especially enjoyed the carousel.
We took a little train ride around the zoo too. We thought we would see all of the animals on the train ride, but all we saw was a butterfly and a duck. Apparently the train ride is just to enjoy the train!
Catherine was looking ever so stylish with her sunglasses and name tag. She thought the name tags were a great accessory.
Probably the most fun kid's activity we did was go to a children's museum. Unfortunately I left my camera in the hotel that day, so I don't have any pictures. But it was a blast. They had a huge Mr. Potato Head exhibit, a grocery store, hospital, theater, backyard, post office, and other play activities. We were there for 2 1/2 hours and didn't play with everything. I think Greenville needs one of these. Maybe I'll work on that in my spare time!




No comments:
Post a Comment