Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Truth #6

Truth #6 from Lies Women Believe is that God doesn't make any mistakes. This can be hard to even comprehend because we (or at least me) make so many mistakes. How can God really never mess anything up? How can everything fulfill his perfect eternal purposes? It's beyond my comprehension, but He tells us that so I believe Him. Isaiah 46: 9-10 "I am God and there is no other; I am God and there is none like me...I say 'My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please."

People often doubt if God made mistakes about how He made them, why He made them, why He placed them in certain families/circumstances/locations/etc. But He reassures us that He has been our God before we were ever made. Psalm 139: 13-16 "For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful. I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place; when I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."

So rest assured that God created you exactly the way He wanted to. He makes no mistakes with His creation. And if He lovingly created you, He will take care of you on this Earth and there will be no mistakes here either. Nothing can touch our lives that hasn't been filtered through His hands. As one author stated "God's will is exactly what we would choose if we knew what God knows."

No comments: