Last week Anna turned 4 months old! She is growing so quickly and is smiling and laughing so much. We love seeing her little personality develop. She laughs the most at Catherine, and often laughs at Will but then starts crying because he's pulling on her or laying on top of her. We're still working on him giving her some personal space! There's nothing better than picking her up and her looking at you with a big grin.
(She was smiling at Catherine in these pics.)Will loves playing with her, even sharing his bulldozer and school bus. Again, he doesn't really understand the space issue and this is pretty much how he is with her all day--all over her giving hugs, kisses, pulling, licking. I need a recording that says "Will, back up." I'm so glad he loves her but at times it's overwhelming.
Anna is getting very good at holding onto toys and putting everything in her month. She chews and drools a lot, so I'm not sure if she's starting some teething already. I don't feel anything on her gums yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if she gets a tooth in the next 4 to 6 weeks or so.
For some reason, Anna has decided this month to start waking up again at night. My sweet baby who starting sleeping through the night at 8 weeks is now getting up once or twice at night to eat again. I'm a little concerned that I'm not getting her enough milk during the day and she's hungry. I had this same issue with Catherine and Will and had to start giving one bottle of formula each day to supplement around 5 to 6 months. I tried giving Anna a bottle of formula the other day. She actually drank it (I was shocked) but within a few hours she had broken out in a rash and hives all over her body. We're not sure what caused the allergic reaction--just that kind of formula or milk proteins?? She has her 4 month checkup at the end of this week and I'll talk with our pediatrician more about it then. I'm hoping she doesn't have a milk allergy and that we can find some formula to help supplement her feedings. Because of the allergic reaction, I'm definitely going to hold off on any baby food for a while longer. Overall though, she is growing well and is a great baby. We love our little Anna!

No comments:
Post a Comment